Back to Listing
Technology Support Administrator
Location: San Jose, CASUMMARY
Provide Help Desk support to internal customers (employees) for most or all applications used by the dealership, for example Lotus Notes, Cap, AutoCAD, Khameleon, MS Office programs, etc. Become cross-trained in the company infrastructure such as the network, routers, servers, back-up system, etc. in order to provide back-up and eventually specialized support in various parts of the infrastructure. Some travel to Northern and Southern California offices is required. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Configure, install, and maintain local area network hardware, software, and telecommunications services such as system software, software applications, printers, servers, routers, bridges, switches, modems, cabling, and Internet service providers
· Manage setup, deployment, administration and support of desktop workstations for new employees.
· Maintain company helpdesk support, demonstrate effective time management & documentation, analyze productivity and areas for improvement
· Provide top-notch assistance to employees with various technical issues via email, phone and in-person at company headquarters
· Support IT Manager with network administration, LAN/WAN, Internet connectivity, server, and other technical projects.
· Assist in IT-related setup, expansion and troubleshooting in remote offices
· Other projects related to the growth of our network and infrastructure.
· Potentially train in and specialize in certain IT areas of responsibility, according to need and interest, which may include such areas as:
- Server setup and implementation
- Learning Management System training administration software setup and implementation
- Backup processes at all locations (partially online, partially tape backup)
- Disaster plan development and implementation.
- Voice over IP system administration
- IT training development and implementation
- New server setup and deployment
- Various programs’ administration and development
- Hosted Exchange and Outlook maintenance and administration
- Programming and maintaining routers and firewalls
· Develops training materials such as exercises and visual displays.
· As proficiency increases, may train users on software and hardware on-site or in classroom, or recommend outside contractors to provide training.
· Calls software and hardware vendors to request service regarding defective products.
· Tests software and hardware to evaluate ease of use and whether product will aid user in performing work.
· Writes software and hardware evaluation and recommendation for management review.
· After a learning period, the person in this position will be encouraged to research and request formal training in areas where his/her abilities and interests will best serve the company.
· Reads trade magazines and attends computer trade shows to obtain current information about computers.
· Keeps abreast of new and changing technologies in order to provide ideas and recommendations for improving the company’s technology.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree plus 2-5 years experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Working knowledge of networks, Lotus Notes and/or other software used by the dealership desirable. Help desk diagnosis and troubleshooting skills. Experience with Windows, configuring print servers, and TCP/IP networking. Experience with WAN & VPN networks, firewalls and routers. File server, Intranet, backup and server anti-virus and update management. Proven track record of excellent customer service and follow-through.
Apply online or send your resume to email@example.com.