Back to Listing
Systems Furniture Designer
Location: San Jose, CaliforniaDo you know someone with an undeniable passion for design? Someone who is motivated with an eye for detail? We would like to talk with them about an Interior Designer opportunity at Pivot Interiors.
Pivot Interiors is the largest Herman Miller furniture dealership in California. As a privately held company with nearly 40 years of experience and five sales offices in Northern and Southern California, Pivot brings substantial skill and resources to our Fortune 500 clients as well as local small businesses.
- Ownership – Total responsibility to see a project through from beginning to end.
- Initiative – See it, own it, solve it, do it.
- Trust – I do what I say.
- Organization – Ability to prioritize and complete projects in the midst of changing priorities.
Ideal Skill Sets:
- Software skills: 20/20 CAP, AutoCAD, Z Axis
- High attention to detail
- Ability to manage projects
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable with computers, technology
- Great team player
- Self-directed, high level of initiative
- Ability to prioritize
- Must possess at least 6 years of design experience in systems office furniture industry
- Develop furniture block plan, space plan, fabric / finish palette, final furniture specifications and installation drawings.
- Perform field measures; product inventory; programming; specification verifications, ancillary product research, etc.; and frequently participate in project meetings as required with sales staff and/or clients.
- Assist with proposals
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10-20% local travel
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Participating in a company with high ethical standards
- Competitive compensation
- Exciting performance bonus plan
- Comprehensive retirement and health benefits
- Innovative, exciting office environment
- Low team turn over
- Community service projects
- Open book management
Apply online or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.